If you have any questions related to your child’s school and the arrangements around Covid-19, please contact your child’s school directly. Each one of our schools has its own plan; given the individual characteristics of each school, we have supported them to create a solution that fits their needs. See Our Schools page for a link for contact information.
Central to raising standards in education and ensuring all pupils can fulfil their potential is an assumption so widely understood that it is insufficiently stated – pupils need to attend school regularly to benefit from their education. Missing out on lessons leaves children vulnerable to falling behind. Children with poor attendance tend to achieve less in both primary and secondary school.
The government expects:
• Schools and local authorities to:
– Promote good attendance and reduce absence, including persistent absence;
– Ensure every pupil has access to full-time education to which they are entitled;
– act early to address patterns of absence.
• Parents to perform their legal duty by ensuring their children of compulsory school age who are registered at school attend regularly.
• All pupils to be punctual to their lessons.
Supporting Your Child
There are a wealth of online resources to help you discuss Covid-19 with your child, whatever their age. Here are a few of our suggestions:
Key Stage 1
Key Stage 2